2017 was a year full of new habits such as devoting more of my free time to big goals, like improving my writing skills, reading more, painting everyday whenever and surrounding myself with positive friends and artists that love making things.
Here’s a few pieces I finished during this busy 2017 year.
• This creates opportunities for new experiences that will influence the work in unexpected ways
2. Exploring a new place/more closely observing a familiar place
• Experiencing something new opens up space for new ideas and noticing something new in a familiar place strengthens observation skills that will develop a refined eye for things such as, seeing how light falls on a tree or how grass is made up of infinitely different greens.
3. Physical labor that benefits someone other than myself
• This tires the body and slows down a spinning wheel of thoughts and worries by putting them into perspective and in relation to the bigger picture of life and others’ lives.
A new painting I recently completed. I did experiential-research for this, so I exposed myself to the type of environment I was trying to illustrate and spent a lot of time sitting and walking through nature and staring at trees. Some of my inspiration is below.